Sambo Dasuki, embattled former National Security
Adviser, who is facing trial for the purported fraud of $2.1 billion arms deal
fund, says his continued incarceration in spite of two ratified bail presentations
which he has met, is chasing investors from Nigeria. Dasuki said this through his
counsel, Joseph Daodu (SAN ), at
the recommenced trial of his case before Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal
High Court, Abuja, on Thursday March 3rd, 2016.
Dasuki through his lawyer advised the court to administer
his bail previously ratified in December 2015.
“How will the government look like at the end of the day? Will investors
be confident in this country when court makes orders, but they are not obeyed? We
cannot be ready for trial until the defendant enjoys his constitutional rights.
We apply that we should be given time to prepare the defence. The conduct of
the prosecution has not enabled him to enjoy his constitutional rights. The
worst is that for about seven weeks we do not know where he is. Any of us here
who proceed to defend an accused person in this circumstance may lose his
license of practice.” he said

No comments:
Post a Comment